Here’s our latest changelog for the past few months:
Important: Since we have added some new features, you must give permission to your staff group (and your own admin account) to be able to use them. Go to Staff > Staff Groups > Edit your staff group > Either click on Select All for both Access and Modify permissions or select the relevant permissions. Save. This message will be repeated at the bottom.
- Order history has been added to the customers page in the admin area. When you view your customers and edit a customer, there’s a new tab called Order History which shows that customer’s order history. You can view or edit an order directly from there.
- The amount of products per page a user chooses on a category page will now remain at that amount. Previously, if a user chose to show 50 items and the store default is at 15, every time a user switches categories it will revert back to 15. Now, it will remain at 50.
- Gift certificates are now sent automatically when a visitor purchases one. You can change that and have them manually sent by you, the store owner, in Store Settings > General Settings > Options > Gift Certificates > “Automatically send gift certificates”.
- In Customers > Private Messages, we added the a column displaying the latest reply date and time by the customer.
- Enable or Disable the display of Coupon, Gift Certificate, and Reward Points redemption during checkout. If your customers forget to redeem them on the shopping cart page, they can now do so at the Payment Method step during checkout. You can choose which options show up in Design > Blocks > Apply Coupon, Gift Certificate, Reward Points During Checkout. Make sure to navigate to Staff > Staff Groups to add the necessary permissions. Important: The current coupon code system that showed up at that step is now gone. Make sure to enable it, if you were using it, using this new feature as shown above. It still shows up on the shopping cart page (the cart page that appears before checkout) as that remains unaffected by the above feature.
- We have added a new menu link on the left sidebar in your Ozcart admin area titled Media Manager. This lets you access and manage your images and other files (PDFs, etc.) quickly without having to first go to a text area while editing a product or page to reach the previously called Image Manager (now called Media Manager).
Bug fixes & improvements:
- Some fixes for Options/Variants on the storefront.
- Editing a customer that was not on the first page in the admin area would lead to the orders page rather than the customer edit page. It now works as intended.
- Bug fixed where restricting a customer group from viewing a product wasn’t working.
- Bug fix: You can now add a custom CSS class to a mega menu item.
- Email notifications with the logo will now have a more compact header and a smaller logo size.
- Paying with store credit was not calculating the correct amount but was removing more store credit than necessary.
- Fixed category display in tablet view when 2 product per row were showing, it would alternate between 2 products per row and 1 per row rather than showing 2 products per row consistently. This setting is found in Design > Theme Settings > Pages > Category – Listing Products.
- Improvement: Desktop (size) has a few more options now. You can set 1, 2, and 3 products per rows in addition to the auto, 4, 6 products per row on category pages. We removed the 5 product per rows as it was not possible in our current configuration. This setting is found in Design > Theme Settings > Pages > Category – Listing Products.
- Improvement: Main image now shows up again in the thumbnail area.
- Improvement: Canned Messages is now called Predefined Comments.
- Improvement: Australia Post API update to add the new flat rate shipping.
- Improvement: file manager is now wider and shows more items per page.
- Bug fix: Rounding tax calculation when PayPal Express was used.
- Bug fix: Calendars weren’t showing up when editing an order with product options (date and time calendars).
Important: Since we have added some new features, you must give permission to your staff group to be able to use them. Go to Staff > Staff Groups > Edit your staff group > Either click on Select All for both Access and Modify permissions or select the relevant permissions. Save. This message will be repeated at the bottom of this message.
If there’s anything that we can do for you, don’t hesitate to let us know!
Friday, February 7, 2020